Snow kiting is a much easier way to learn the sport then on water. It is very rewarding, lot of fun, great workout and helps get you ready for next years water session.
Kite boarding can be a dangerous sport, lessons are highly recommended.
Whether you’re completely new to the sport of just want to polish up on some skills, we have lessons plan for you.
All teaching is done in 1 instructor to ( most ) 3 students ratio and it usually takes 4-5 hours.
Sign up now for snow kiting lessons.
Snowkiting Level 1
- Carry and Set-up lines and kite
- Determine the wind direction and upwind and downwind (windward, leeward)
- Fly a small kite (inflatable, stunt kite, foil…) on the wind window edge and maintain it close to the ground
- Know how to kill the power of the kite in case of problem by releasing the bar. Be aware that the kite leash must be worn at all times, before kite launching and until landing
- Be aware of the area where the kite can fall downwind of the pilot.
- Recover the kite
- Position the kite on request from 9 to 3 o’clock on the wind window edge
- Launch a kite and choose the right angle to the wind (assisted).
- Fly the kite in the power area without crashing it
- Twist and untwist the lines while the kite flies
- Recover a kite and secure it on land
- Land a kite with the help of an assistant
- Fly a kite hooked to the harness
- Fly hooked to the harness with one hand
- Activate the harness release system or quick release located on a leader line
- Launch a kite alone
- Relaunch a kite
- Create a constant power using the power zone or half the power zone
- Identify potential wind obstacles creating lift or down draft and be able to define the wind direction. Understand that practicing near obstacles is dangerous
Snowkiter Level 2
- Define if the practice area is safe for practice
- Set up and check the equipment alone (kite, line, control bar)
- Fly a kite in sitting position. Be able to keep your legs in front of you
- Falling simulation and getting in starting position again
- Relaunch a kite with board or skis
- Without board, discover the power needed to be pulled on your feet from a sitting position
- Know the start theory: board/skis and body positioning, kite piloting
- Start from a sitting position and ride while moving the kite up and down
- Gain speed from a standing position
- Set up a 4 line kite alone and check that it is properly done
- Fly a 4 line kite
- Activate the safety systems of a 4 line bar (power loop, leash)
- Adjust a 4 line kite while using the power loop
- Adjust the trim system of a 4 line kite to avoid it flying backward or adjust the power
We teach all the courses on a new Epic Kite and GIN Kites gear. Normally we use Renegade models. All the gear is included in the course ( kite, helmet, impact vest, harness).
Price for the course is 1390 SEK
All our students get 10% discount on new kite gear at Surfspot.se/. (Not valid for discounted packs.)
Or give us a call -> Uros 0750 259591